Canada’s threat level currently stands at Medium, meaning that a violent act of terrorism could occur. In today’s uncertain times, the threat of terrorist attacks and active shooter attacks looms over the public conscience. Event security is a critical, wise investment for both public and private functions to ensure guest safety. LTS K9 is committed to providing a safe and secure environment with a professional, minimally intrusive yet visible presence.
You could send a clear message that you are committed to public safety. The safety and security of your guests, volunteers and employees is undoubtedly a top priority. Visible K-9 teams augment existing security measures and will reassure your patrons and staff while deterring potential terrorist or criminal activity.
Our canine detection teams can assist your security and planning team in the prevention and deterrence of life endangering attacks at your venue or event. Pre-event sweeps can search for the presence of explosive materials. During the event, K-9 teams provide visual deterrence and identify potential hazards.
Our LTS K9 handler-dog teams will work with your event staff to perform a search of your building and venues to include the following areas:
- Lobbies and common areas
- Seating areas
- Stage and backstage areas
- Employee areas
- Green Rooms
- Loading dock areas
- Parking lots
- Grounds/surrounding area
What to expect in an explosives search:
Prior to any event we call you to help devise a plan of action upon our arrival and discuss the following:
- Determine the search areas. LTS K9 will work with your management team to determine the areas that need to be searched prior to the event.
- Handler’s attire. We will cater to the needs of your business and event. Handlers can arrive in uniform or in plain street clothes.
- Upon arrival the handler will meet your designated contact person and will be led on a preliminary tour of the search areas, leaving the canine in our vehicle. After the tour, the handler will discuss the plan of action, answer any questions and have you sign the LTS K9 standard agreement before the search begins.
- The search. We require your representative accompany the K-9 team throughout the search. If there is more than one K-9 team, we require that you provide an observer for each team. The handler will lead the dog through each room in a designated pattern paying attention to subtle signs that the dog is trained to display. If the dog indicates the presence of explosive material, the proper authorities will be notified.
Drugs/Narcotics Detection Services
K9 teams are a fast, reliable and cost-effective screening tool for detecting the presence of narcotics. Homes, cars, schools, and businesses can be searched quickly and discreetly for the presence of illegal substances, including cocaine and its derivatives, heroin, and methamphetamines. LTS K9 teams are not police officers. We are not affiliated with Federal Provincial or local Police services or any other government agencies. Therefore, the results of narcotics searches are confidential — we are not required to report our findings to the police. This allows you, the client, to be in control and handle the situation with the utmost discretion and achieve peace of mind without any unnecessary complications.
Early detection of narcotics is the most effective way to stop drug abuse in your family before it’s too late. Hiring an SVK9’s handler-dog team is an easy, confidential, and discreet way to detect the presence of narcotics in your home. We can provide you with invaluable peace of mind, while keeping your family matters private.
Every child deserves a safe, drug-free learning environment. It is critical for a school’s success to have an effective, accurate, and discreet method of detecting drugs on school grounds. SVK9 is the least intrusive way to search for and identify illegal substances in a school.
A drug detection dog is a valuable asset and the least intrusive way of detecting illegal substances in any work environment. The mere presence of a drug detection dog, as well as the knowledge that drug searches are performed regularly, can be enough to deter the possession, trafficking, and use of drugs by employees in the workplace.
Does you event or venue have an undesired reputation for Narcotics, clean up your patron profile by screening for narcotics at the point of entry. The very presence of our Drug detection K9 teams will deter undesired patrons from lining up to gain entry, before you know it you will have a clean drug free venue and a better clientele.
Prior to arrival at your business we call you to help devise a plan of action upon our arrival and discuss the following:
- The best time to arrive. The type of business usually dictates the best time to do the search. Some companies prefer that the K9 team arrive during business hours so that employees can see the search taking place (reinforcing company policy). Some businesses prefer to take a more discrete approach and have the search conducted when the business is closed.
- Handler’s attire. We will cater to the needs of your business and situation. Handlers can arrive in uniform or in plain street clothes.
- Should employees be notified? It is recommended that your company have a policy stating that drug searches may be performed on the business premises. It is not recommended that employees be notified prior to a search.
- Determining search areas. LTS K9 will work with your management team to determine the areas that need to be searched and the frequency of our visits. The scale of the search dictates the time involved and the cost of the search. For very large businesses additional K9 teams may be used.
Upon arrival the handler will meet your designated contact person and will be led on a preliminary tour of the search areas, leaving the canine in the vehicle. After the tour, the handler will discuss the plan of action, answer any questions and have you sign the LTS K9 standard agreement before the search begins.
The search. We require your representative accompany the K9 team throughout the search. If there is more than one K9 team, we require that you provide an observer for each team. The handler will lead the dog through each room in a designated pattern paying attention to subtle signs that the dog is trained to display. The handler will mark all areas of dog indications. This gives you the specific location where you can look for drugs or evidence of drugs once the search of all areas is complete. If requested, the handler will then observe the search for narcotics by the company representative. The handler will give general guidance to the representative of how and where to look but will not actually do the search. Keep in mind, the dog’s nose is so sensitive it may alert on residue of where drugs may have been previously stored, but the drugs may not be present at the time of the search.
If substances are found and there is doubt that they are illegal narcotics, at your request, we can use a field test kit to confirm the substances is actually an illegal narcotic. The drug identification confirmation is $125 per test. If narcotics are found, it is the responsibility of the Business Owner or Manager to dispose of the narcotics. LTS K9 personnel are strictly prohibited from removing any narcotics. We can provide you disposal recommendations. If you would like a written report we will provide one within three business days of the search. The cost of the report starts at $150